Ole16 to Ole32 mapping

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 08:00:48 CDT 2011

Hi, I would like some advice about Ole function redirection. The
winsock16 dll maps some operations to ws2_32 dll, I thought I could do
the same with Ole16disp to Oleaut32. For example the function
SAFEARRAYALLOCDESCRIPTOR in Ole16disp have a similar counterpart named
SafeArrayAllocDescriptor in Oleaut32. There are dozens of functions
like this if you look in the spec files of these dlls. I added
oleaut32 to the imports and started mapping by making one line
functions, for example SAFEARRAYALLOCDESCRIPTOR simply return calling
SafeArrayAllocDescriptor from Ole32. Is it ok to do it like this?

I implemented SafeArrayAlloc[Descriptor/Data] and
SafeArrayDestroy[Descriptor/Data] and they seem to be working, then I
started implementing some of the others and testing with the
application winverbs from bug #28113. Is there any msdn documentation
like to these old functions? I would like to compare the function
parameters in some cases.

Thanks in advance,
Bruno

--
universe* god::bigbang (void); //and then it all began...