Tests failing on OSX

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Tue Sep 20 19:29:31 CDT 2011

On Sep 20, 2011, at 3:11 PM, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
>> gdi32/dc
>> user32/monitor
> No Xvidmode support, so Get/SetDeviceGammaRamp fail. There's a win_skip for
> that already. Should we change it to skip(), or ignore it until we have a
> quartz driver?
> User32/monitor also fails because it can't change the display mode.
Key words: "stock X11 server". XQuartz has much better support for this. You should be using that.

>> kernel32/change
>> ntdll/change
>> ntdll/directory
> Lots of test failures. I'm not sure what those tests do tbh
I wrote a message to the list about fixing those tests once. The problem is that the functionality they test (well, at least the */change tests) isn't implemented on Mac. And none of our options for implementing it look good (c.f. "Failing kernel32:change and ntdll:change tests on Mac OS").

>> ntdll/exception
> "Test failed: Execution of data memory succeeded." Do I have to do anything
> special to enable NX support on OSX?
No. It's just that the kernel for some reason only supports NX on stacks in 32-bit code. They fixed it in Mac OS 10.7.

>> mmdevapi/capture
> Various Set*Volume calls fail
I know that some CoreAudio devices actually don't have software volume controls. Optical out, for example. For these devices, Set*Volume will always fail. Not sure if that's what 's happening in your case, though.
>> ws2_32/sock
> A mixture of test failures and unexpected successes.
From what I can tell, Wine's WinSock implementation seems to depend on several nuances of Linux's BSD sockets implementation that are different from the original 4.xBSD implementation (from which most others, including WinSock itself, are derived).

Hope that helps.

Chip