po: Update Russian translation

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Sep 21 09:37:07 CDT 2011

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, Alexander Lakhin wrote:

> I proposed such translation to replicate Windows xcopy behavior:
> Заменить C:\xcacls.exe [Yes (да)/No (нет)/All (все)]?
>
> IMO first way is not suitable for us (you have to input command with one
> keyboard layout (EN), and then switch to another (RU) just to answer the
> question).

That sounds like a good reason.

> And I am afraid that "(да (Y)|нет (N))" is ambigous too, but if you prefer
> this way, I will make such corrections.

It matches other examples we have in the PO files such as
"项目符号(&B)", "削除(&R)"or "ਜਾਣਕਾਰੀ(&o)" so because it follows the
same pattern it feels like it should be less ambiguous. But these are
for accelerators so maybe the difference in context is important. Also
it may be that the convention in Russian is just different. (I tried to
check what Unix command line tools did but neither 'rm -i' nor 'cp -i'
indicate how to say Yes/No :-( )

So I had to point out the potential issue but I'll happily defer to your
judgement.

May your Tongue stick to the Roof of your Mouth with the Force of a Thousand Caramels.