Tests failing on OSX

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Wed Sep 21 16:35:34 CDT 2011

On Wednesday 21 September 2011 02:29:31 Charles Davis wrote:
> > No Xvidmode support, so Get/SetDeviceGammaRamp fail. There's a win_skip
> > for that already. Should we change it to skip(), or ignore it until we
> > have a quartz driver?
> > User32/monitor also fails because it can't change the display mode.
>
> Key words: "stock X11 server". XQuartz has much better support for this.
> You should be using that.
Indeed, Xquartz supports Xrandr these days. Unfortunately the GammaRamp tests
still fail. Either There's no Xvidmode(afaik there's no gamma in xrandr), or
it doesn't work.

I also wondered if Xquartz brings it's own X11 headers and libraries. I
haven't found any, so I'm still using /usr/X11/include and /usr/X11/bin.