Tests failing on OSX

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Sep 22 05:25:05 CDT 2011

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, Francois Gouget wrote:
[...]
> A related question is whether it is actually known to have an impact on
> the test results or not. Again, looking at the ws_32:sock results I saw
> no difference, even over multiple runs. Looking at the full results of a
> pair of runs on winetest.org the only difference I saw is an unrelated
> failure in d3d9:device.
>
> http://test.winehq.org/data/b6153354dd28c57fb1f92f85df1f1ba751794fc1/index_Mac.html
>

> Is what's saving us that the firewall always allows connections
> originating from the local IP address (e.g. 192.168.0.42 to
> 192.168.0.42)?

I have done some tests with netcat that confirm this theory for Mac OS X
Leopard, Windows XP and Windows 7 (so I guess it also holds for Windows
2003, Vista and 2008). That's one less worry. I have updated the Wiki
accordingly.

              E-Voting: Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
                 Those who count the votes decide everything.