Remove the legalese from start.exe?

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Sep 22 06:00:19 CDT 2011

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, Dan Kegel wrote:

> When I wrote that bit, I was simply trying to follow the letter
> of the LGPL.  I'm ok with any solution that does that.

I don't see cp, ls, gcc or any other standard and especially GNU command
line tools show a copyright notice in their usage message or have a
command line option to show one. So I don't think that's a GPL/LGPL
requirement.

So I'm still in favor of simplification by elimination.

Hmm, also currently 'start /LOW notepad' does not do the right thing,
but that can be fixed independently...