po: Mark translations with mismatched printf format directives as fuzzy.

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Sep 26 11:32:53 CDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 2:59 AM, Jerome Leclanche <adys.wh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:
>> On Sun, 25 Sep 2011, Dan Kegel wrote:
>>> Patch fails to apply here?
>>>
>>> error: patch failed: po/ko.po:11305
>>> error: po/ko.po: patch does not apply
>>
>> That's strange. The patch attached to the email I received on
>> wine-patches applies fine on a pristine tree here.
>
> Sounds like encoding/charset issues. Dan, is buildbot's the same as
> the file and/or patch?

Looks like patch and git apply disagree here:

$ wget http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/79310
$ git reset --hard origin
$ patch -p1 < 79310
patching file po/es.po
patching file po/hu.po
patching file po/ko.po
Hunk #3 succeeded at 11307 with fuzz 2.
patching file po/zh_CN.po
$ git reset --hard origin
HEAD is now at e5ba601 Release 1.3.29.
$ git apply 79310
error: patch failed: po/ko.po:11305
error: po/ko.po: patch does not apply

I guess patch is more willing to fuzz than git apply is;
man git-apply says
       -C<n>
           Ensure at least <n> lines of surrounding context match
before and after each change.
           When fewer lines of surrounding context exist they all must
match. By default no context
           is ever ignored.

I could use git apply -C 1 to match patch's behavior;
what do people think?
- Dan