CreateDC and DRIVER_GetDriverName

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 17:45:19 CDT 2011

Hi, I'm seeking advice as I really don't understand anything about
wine display drawing (gdi, x11, ...).

Every game created with an old win3.11 tool called Klik & Play do not
work in wine because a driver called DIB is passed as parameter to
CreateDC. Till today I've only seen a driver called DISPLAY being used
by all sorts of applications. Looking at the DRIVER_GetDriverName [1]
function I can see a list where 3 different drivers are supported.

In an attempt to run an old game called Mortuum [2] I can see that it
always fail due to this missing DIB driver:
err:dc:CreateDCW no driver found for L"DIB"

My lack of knowledge made me do a dirty hack in the CreateDCW function
forcing the driver DISPLAY to be used instead of DIB and when I
started the game it draw it's first screen and then crashed.

What should be done to support the DIB driver name now that DIB is
implemented in wine?

[1] = http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/gdi32/driver.c#L800
[2] = ftp://ftp.padua.org/pub/msdos/windows/games/local/mortuum.zip

Best wishes,
Bruno

--
universe* god::bigbang (void); //and then it all began...