Using ApiTrace to improve D3D/OpenGL performance

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at
Fri Sep 30 15:15:57 CDT 2011

On 30 September 2011 22:07, Emanuele Oriani <emaentra at> wrote:
> This might be useful to understand where some bottlenecks of wined3d might
> be?
> What do you think?
Yeah, I'm aware of apitrace, through Mesa. I haven't used it for
debugging wined3d so far, but I probably will at some point. I'm not
sure it's really suited for profiling wined3d much though, other than
for creating something reproducible to profile. (That's useful, but
doesn't solve the entire problem.)