Google Summer of Code Project: Implement missing D3DX libraries

Alexander Mezin mezin.alexander at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 11:25:02 CDT 2012

Hello. I want to participate in GSoC and work on project "Direct3D:
Implement missing D3DX libraries", listed at
http://wiki.winehq.org/SummerOfCode. I have experience of developing
for Windows using Direct3D 9 and D3DX, so I think I'm the one who you
need for this project. About two years ago I reimplemented some D3DX
functionality using Direct3D for a casual game, because these D3DX_XX
libraries caused problems with distribution. Sadly, all this code is
lost, but there was nothing hard to implement, or, at least no such
things was used in the game. Usually only D3DXSprite, D3DXFont and,
maybe, effect framework are used. And also nothing really changes
between D3DX versions, usually only some methods are renamed or their
parameters are reordered. I want to contact possible mentor to discuss
what parts of the libraries must be implemented, but I can't find his
e-mail, wiki says that his page isn't created.