[GSoC] Control panel proposal

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Thu Apr 5 17:46:11 CDT 2012

Am 05.04.2012 14:10, schrieb Magdalena Nowak:
> Hi, my name is Magdalena Nowak and I'd like to apply for this year's
> Summer of Code with Wine. My proposal is to merge the two control
> panel suggestions (Tools - Merge winecfg and control panel and Tools -
> Implement new control panel applets) into one project.

Hi,
Welcome to Wine!

> The second solution would be to have a separate applet for
> per-application settings. The screens would be stored in a DLL, for
> example, as to avoid duplication.

I dislike that, that seems just like a new view of winecfg. Further i doubt that you can store Wine specific things in a Wine specific DLL.

> Here are the promised images:
> http://imgur.com/T4pUV - Showing the drop-down menu at the top of the
> applet window.
> http://imgur.com/vA1Vq - Showing the per-application settings applet.
> http://imgur.com/is63I - Showing the control panel with an application
> selected, and a Graphics applet showing a global-only setting.

The images show that you already hacked around in Wine and you realized the problem of splitting winecfg, that's good.
I think this project is doable, but might be hard to get the patches accepted i guess.

--

Best Regards, André Hentschel