RFC: Getting CorelDraw 12 installation done - was: A donation for Corel Draw 12 - support.

Gerold Jens Wucherpfennig gjwucherpfennig at gmx.net
Fri Apr 6 12:00:32 CDT 2012

Hi can someone give me some hints about fixing wine
for Corel 12 support? The installation seems to
succeed at first glance, but comparing the
installation folder to the folder of an installation
on Windows XP reveals that only 2/3 of the
installation was done.

I updated the APPDB:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=2390

On 03/26/2012 09:52 AM, Frédéric Delanoy wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 19:45, Gerold Jens Wucherpfennig
> <gjwucherpfennig at gmx.net> wrote:
>> http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=2390
>>
>> Installation worked, but Corel is not usable and only reports:
>>
>> "Registry Corrupt - The UI Language registration list is invalid"
>
> That page indicates the last tested version.
>
> Did you try Core Draw 12 with 1.4 or 1.5 and get the same errors?
>
> If you did, you might want to add test data in the AppDB entry, so
> other people don't spend time duplicating your test.
> If you didn't, maybe will retesting with 1.4 or 1.5 reveal it works
> correctly for your needs?
>
> Frédéric

I want to make a small donation to winehq,
if we can get Corel 12 running on Wine...

Here is the installation log:

gerold at gerold-AOD270:/media/6B35-950F/Corel$ wine ./setup.exe
wine: created the configuration directory '/home/gerold/.wine'
fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0xede318, overlapped 0xede2e0): stub
fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0xfee8ec, overlapped 0xfee8d0): stub
wine: configuration in '/home/gerold/.wine' has been updated.
fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
fixme:vbscript:parse_script parser failed on parsing
L"(\"SERIALNUMBER\") =
\"DR12WTX-9999998-YSP\"\r\n\tSession.Property(\"TypeB\") = \"1\"\r\nEnd
If\r\n\r\n'///////////////////////////////////////////////\r\nFunction
IsFeatureExists(sFeature)\r\nOn Error Resume Next\r\n\r\n\tDim objDB:
Set objDB = Session.Database\r\n\r\n\tDim sQuery: sQuery = \"SELECT"...
err:ole:ClientRpcChannelBuffer_SendReceive called from wrong apartment,
should have been 0x2a0000003d
err:ole:xCall RpcChannelBuffer SendReceive failed, 8001010e
fixme:ntdll:NtFsControlFile FSCTL_PIPE_IMPERSONATE: impersonating self
fixme:vbscript:parse_script parser failed on parsing
L"(\"ShowLanguagePackDialog\") = \"1\"\r\nElse\r\n\tIf
(IsFeatureExists(\"EN\") = \"1\")
Then\r\n\t\tSession.Property(\"ENLANG\") = \"1\"\r\n\tEnd If\r\n\tIf
(IsFeatureExists(\"DE\") = \"1\")
Then\r\n\t\tSession.Property(\"DELANG\") = \"1\"\r\n\tEnd If\r\n\tIf
(IsFeatureExists(\"FR\") = \"1\") Then\r\n"...
[...]
fixme:vbscript:parse_script parser failed on parsing L"1\r\nConst
msiInstallStateAdvertise = 1\r\nConst msiInstallStateAbsent = 2\r\nConst
msiInstallStateLocal = 3\r\nConst msiInstallStateSource = 4\r\nConst
msiInstallStateDefault = 5\r\nDim nRemoveVBAEN:nRemoveVBAEN = 0\r\nDim
nRemoveVBACZ:nRemoveVBACZ = 0\r\nDim nRemoveVBANL:nRemoveVBAPL =
0\r\n\r\nOn "...
fixme:vbscript:parse_script parser failed on parsing L"1\r\nConst
msiInstallStateAdvertise = 1\r\nConst msiInstallStateAbsent = 2\r\nConst
msiInstallStateLocal = 3\r\nConst msiInstallStateSource = 4\r\nConst
msiInstallStateDefault = 5\r\n\r\nOn Error Resume Next\r\n\r\nIf
(IsFeatureSelected(\"FontNav\") = True) Then\r\n   If
((Session.Property(\"PLLANG\""...
[...]
msiInstallStateDefault = 5\r\n\r\nOn Error Resume Next\r\n\t\r\nIf
(IsFeatureExists(\"LocalInstallsOnly\")=\"1\") Then\r\n\tIf
((Session.Property(\""...
err:ole:ClientRpcChannelBuffer_SendReceive called from wrong apartment,
should have been 0x2a0000003d
err:ole:xCall RpcChannelBuffer SendReceive failed, 8001010e
fixme:ntdll:NtFsControlFile FSCTL_PIPE_IMPERSONATE: impersonating self
err:ole:ClientRpcChannelBuffer_SendReceive called from wrong apartment,
should have been 0x2a0000003d
err:ole:xCall RpcChannelBuffer SendReceive failed, 8001010e
fixme:ntdll:NtFsControlFile FSCTL_PIPE_IMPERSONATE: impersonating self
fixme:msi:ITERATE_CreateShortcuts poorly handled shortcut format,
advertised shortcut
[...]

Thanks in advance!

Gerold