ws2_32/tests: Add hostent struct tests for gethostbyname

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 11:54:38 CDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 13:38, Erich E. Hoover <ehoover at mines.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Marvin <testbot at testbot.winehq.org> wrote:
>> === WXPPROSP3 (32 bit sock) ===
>> sock.c:509: Test failed: oob_server (1ac): unexpectedly at the OOB mark: 0
>> sock.c:519: Test failed: oob_server (1ac): unexpectedly at the OOB mark: 0
>
> Is this an expected failure?

The OOB failure happens randomly because there are time related issues
in the tests. We should only send one byte packages and wait for them,
that would work in windows and wine. The main problem related to oob
is that unix implementation differs from windows.

> Also, if you're unfamiliar with the
> gethostbyname() code then the place where you would want to change
> this is in WS_create_he().

Thanks, I noticed that while studying the code. As soon as the tests
get in I will start working in a solution, I know you have more
experience with that code and I wouldn't oppose if you would like to
work in it, just tell me.

> If the behavior is opposite on OSes
> earlier than XP then you may wish to have it behave differently
> depending on the Windows version.

Once I was told that wine should behave only as newer systems to avoid
if(os==x) dothis else dothat. I'll see what I can do.

> Erich Hoover
> ehoover at mines.edu

Best wishes,
Bruno