ws2_32/tests: Add hostent struct tests for gethostbyname

Erich E. Hoover ehoover at mines.edu
Sun Apr 8 18:14:31 CDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Bruno Jesus <00cpxxx at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If the behavior is opposite on OSes
> > earlier than XP then you may wish to have it behave differently
> > depending on the Windows version.
>
> Once I was told that wine should behave only as newer systems to avoid
> if(os==x) dothis else dothat. I'll see what I can do.

This is certainly true with tests, in this particular case that might
not be true.  I would not be surprised to find that older applications
rely on the "broken" buggy behavior and new applications reply on the
"correct" buggy behavior.  It may be that it's best to just go for the
"correct" buggy behavior and then handle both situations if someone
ever winds up reporting a bug for the "broken" behavior.

Erich Hoover
ehoover at mines.edu