'Pending' patches state

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Apr 10 02:52:42 CDT 2012

Jeff Latimer <lats at yless4u.com.au> wrote:

> I agree a lot of developers would benefit from feedback, however that
> does not appear to be the Wine way of doing business.  Maybe a halfway
> measure would be to automatically notify the developer that their patch
> has been marked as pending and then the developer can ask.

Something like "Your patch is pending, you have to ask to get an answer why."?
But the answer known, and it is
* The patch is not obviously correct at first glance. Making a more
convincing argument, preferably in the form of a test case, may help.
* Waiting for feedback from the main developer in that area.

And how is that better than current situation when in order to get
a feedback a developer have to ask?

Q: What's wrong with my patch xxx?