SymEnumSymbolsForAddr in dbghelp.dll

Roger Cruz roger_r_cruz at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 22:11:32 CDT 2012

I already changed the code to use SymEnumSymbols and SymSetContext to specify the address of the symbol I want to look for.  A little more cumbersome but equivalent in functionality.  I'm currently in the process of debugging why symt_find_nearest() is not properly identifying the correct function symbol associated with the address it is being passed in.  The binary search in that function seems to stop short of the actual symbol.

With regards to winebuild and *.spec files,  I had examined the code and was pretty sure that stub meant not implemented but I just wanted to confirm.  Sometimes I ask also to see if anyone else is working on something similar so I don't duplicate the work and to get additional pointers on who to talk to like Juan did.

Much greatful for your help and all of you other wine developers out there

Regards,
Roger R. Cruz

Have a look at SymEnumSymbols (and SymEnumSymbolsW), it seems everything needed for SymEnumSymbolsForAddr is already available or needs only minor changes.

PS: The fact that you don't know Wine basics like spec files is putting you in a bad position to attack wine internals like winebuild/ntdll,
i suggest to read the docs (http://www.winehq.org/documentation) and the regarding wiki Developer pages (http://wiki.winehq.org/Developers).

--

Best Regards, André Hentschel