Fwd: Ubuntu 12.04 (version#2, drop previous mail)

Julius Schwartzenberg julius.schwartzenberg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 08:24:25 CDT 2012

Eric Pouech wrote:
> Le 29/04/2012 22:44, Eric Pouech a écrit :
>> for the devels having upgraded their boxes to ubuntu 12.04, here's a
>> couple of stuff I had to do, especially to get 32bit wine compile
>> This could be useful if you want to have a dual x86_64 : i386 setup
>>
>> this is an updated version to what I already sent to scott ritchie
>> of course this is not a step by step installation
> I forgot to mention that ubuntu devels did a crappy job in 12.04
> I'm really starting to get angry at their inability to take care of
> upward compat in what they do

Maybe looking at 'sudo apt-get build-dep wine' and the Wine packaging
scripts will also reveal what's needed to build 32-bit Wine on Ubuntu
12.04 64-bit.

In general the 12.04 release still has loads of bugs however. It seems
the developers couldn't manage to look over all the reported bugs
anymore before the release, but decided to release anyhow. They probably
only focused on the crash bugs, because there are not many crashes, but
many things do not work yet as they should. I expect 12.04.1 will
contain a very significant amount of fixes.

Julius