vcomp.dll, vcomp90.dll missing on testbot?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Aug 6 23:26:00 CDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>> Is vcomp{,90,100}.dll not installed by default on Windows?
>> If not, should we install it on a few of the VMs?
>
> Nevermind for the moment, I probably have a manifest problem.

OK, I did my homework, and verified that vcomp.dll version 50727.762
is indeed installed on most of the default wine test bots
(see https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=20654 ),
made sure to reference that version in the manifest,
and made sure the resulting exe ran on my Windows laptop.
But winetestbot still complained
  vcomp:0 Test skipped: required DLL vcomp.dll is missing

Did I screw up, or is winetest looking for manifested DLLs wrong somehow?
My test and the test results are at
https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=20656