Testing Gdi+

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Thu Aug 23 06:39:09 CDT 2012

Stepa Nick <hired777 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I`m new in WINE development. I have some tests cases, that works
> incorrect in current version of WINE and I want to fix this mistakes.
> So, I`m interesting are there some testing systems that compares
> bitmap(for example)? I look thru WINE tests,
> http://www.winehq.org/docs/winedev-guide/testing and had found only
> tests, that compare some variables to constant. I think, that WINE
> needs graphics test.

Comparing resulting image/bitmap output of gdiplus between Wine and
Windows is not useful, because they will always differ, even in small
details. Better spend your time comparing numeric values, have a look
at existing gdiplus tests how it's done there. If you can't for some
reason figire it out just open a bug report and attach your source code
there with detailed description of the problem(s).

--
Dmitry.