[1/16] po: Update Russian translation

Oleg Yarigin dralife at yandex.ru
Sat Aug 25 02:23:57 CDT 2012

25.08.2012 11:50, Nikolay Sivov пишет:
> On 8/25/2012 09:43, Oleg Yarigin wrote:

>>> You only need to fix quotation marks in original string, the variant you
>>> proposed doesn't say what English string is saying.
>> I translated so because, I hope, "floppy disc" term is obsolete
>> nowadays (nobody has it).
>>
> This is not up to translator to alter a meaning of original text just
> cause some words in it are not
> used frequently enough these days than they used to.
Well, in this case I`ll improve it to "... с дискеты, компакт- ...".

>> What does it mean: "можно автоматически удалить"? It doesn`t sound
>> correct becouse auto-removing (in the text) and user-aided one (in
>> mean of a phrase "можно удалить") are mutual exclusive.
> It means that there's an uninstaller of some sort that could be used to
> uninstall a program. Uninstall doesn't mean removing files, it could be
> a lot more. So user can manually undo what's done by installer (and he's
> not supposed to do that) or automatically undo these changes going
> through uninstallation procedure.
In this case we need to change this phrase, becouse it messed everybody I
asked. What is in Windows there (for reference)?

>>> That's questionable. If you really want to change that it will need to
>>> depend on context I guess.
>> I think, "Имя" is used for, em, "animate objects"; against "Название"
>> is used for "inanimate objects".
> That's not true. It's more general than that, it's more like
> "identifier" actually. And nobody says "название файла", that
> sounds strange at least.
Oh, I forgot about it. But there is an "Имя" column in Windows Explorer
(in Windows 7 at least), so I don`t know what is correct.