About WineHQ Wiki

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Sun Aug 26 09:07:15 CDT 2012

Am 26.08.2012 07:16, schrieb Cheer Xiao:
> 2012/8/26 Cheer Xiao <xiaqqaix at gmail.com>:
>> ... snip ...
>> Try out MoinMoin 2.0 at this minefield[5]. The last Summer of Code[6]
>> saw a few interesting enhancements like greatly improved themes,
>> support for blog and ticket system (disclaimer: ticket system is my
>> project), but the test site has not been updated yet. I have talked to
>> the admin on #moin-dev, and I'll report back when it has been updated.
>>

> The test site [1] was just updated, please give it a try :) After
> registering you may want to try out the new "foobar" theme. The theme
> setting can be accessed by clicking "settings" at top and then "Wiki
> Appearance Settings" tab, or directly via this URL[2].

Looks good (i also like the foobar theme), but sometimes weird. To add a new page i had to click through some sites first, to confirm it i had to click OK at the top(!?)
and there were no preview option...
Then i copied the "source" of a wiki entry from wine into it and viewed the result, all listings and tables work fine but links like:
[http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=+ARM ARM commits]
are not recognized, so i'm rather scared of upgrading or did i missed something?
(http://test.moinmo.in/ARM)

is not accessable via a wine git repo (maybe it should be in tools.git, website.git or its own). This also leads to the fact that we still have no new wiki theme years after the
theme change on the website.

Now that we upgraded the Forum engine we (we as in laxdragon xD) could maybe do something about the wiki, it needs love.
It seems Kyle is doing a good job at the content, but the content is not everything.

--

Best Regards, André Hentschel