Unused msvcp100 functions?

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Aug 26 19:02:40 CDT 2012

There are a lot of msvcp100 functions that look like they are unused:

 * In string.c all of the MSVCP__String_base_*(),
   MSVCP_basic_string_*(), MSVCP_basic_string_wchar_*() and
   MSVCP_char_traits_*() functions,
   basic_string_w?char_replace_helper().

 * In locale.c _Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_bstr(),
   codecvt_{short,wchar}__Id_func(), collate_{char,short}__Getcat(),
   various ctype_*() functions, etc.

 * In ios.c, the basic_istream_*() and basic_ostream_*() functions,
   ios_base_Index_func() and ios_base_Sync_func().

 * In math.c a lot of std_Ctraits_{double,float,long}_*() functions.

Is it just that the spec file needs to catch up or that they will be
used soon?

I attached a more precise list of the suspects. I did not actually
verify that all of them are unused but based on the ones I looked at it
seems to be the case.

If they are indeed unused and will remain so I can submit a patch to
remove them.

     The software said it requires Win95 or better, so I installed Linux.