comdlg32: Resize Find dialog to fit translations

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at
Sun Dec 2 12:32:51 CST 2012

Aurimas Fišeras <aurimas at> wrote:

> >> Controls resized to fit translations for more languages. Tested with
> >> resource editor.
> >
> > Did you see a comment in that file just before dialog templates?
> >
> Hello,
> I obviously didn't notice that comment.
> Why do we have such a limitation?

Applications that use custom dialog templates and subclass the original
ones (or rather the algorithm in comctl32 that resizes custom dialogs)
depend on this .

> I checked the sizes of this dialog before conversion to po files [1] and
> they were quite different between various languages.

If the dialog sizes differ from Windows templates - that's a bug and
should be fixed.