wine-1.5.20 regression compared to 1.5.19 and previous; MinGW/gcc 4.7.0 segfaults under wineconsole

Alan W. Irwin irwin at
Fri Dec 28 12:22:27 CST 2012

On 2012-12-28 13:45+0100 Frédéric Delanoy wrote:

> Other users have issues with wine but they don't generally complain as
> loudly as you did.

It is possible I was not cautious enough with my tone, but let's leave
it like this. Wine-1.5.20 has introduced an obvious regression for an
important Windows app (the MinGW gcc compiler for Windows) that has
been working for years for prior Wine versions.

Alan W. Irwin

University of Victoria (

implementation for stellar interiors (; the Time
Ephemerides project (; PLplot scientific plotting
software package (; the libLASi project
(; the Loads of Linux Links project (;
and the Linux Brochure Project (

Linux-powered Science