quartz: AMFilterData_ParseFilterData returns a pointer to a pointer to filter data

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Fri Feb 3 06:32:25 CST 2012

Yeah, I agree there is something odd happening with this function.

It clearly wants a pointer to a pointer,  and then graphedit and all the
sample code I see online frees the inner pointer but never the outer
pointer.

So I cannot alloc that outer pointer of we get a leak.  It does not help
that the documentation for this method says "Normal applications will
never call this function" And then proceeds to not describe it very well.

I felt like a static and an field in the object where roughly equivalent.

I can do some tests.
-aric