user32: Only call SetWindowPos() in UpdateLayeredWindowIndirect() if needed. (try 4)

Adam Martinson adam.r.martinson at
Sun Feb 5 23:41:40 CST 2012

On 02/05/2012 09:46 PM, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> Adam Martinson<adam.r.martinson at>  wrote:
>> (We should not be calling SetWindowPos() in UpdateLayeredWindowIndirect() at all.)
>> Fixes bug 26924.
> That's not what I was asking about (a bunch of message tests with various
> parameters). Your current version essentially tests nothing.
> You should call UpdateLayeredWindowIndirect with a buch of differnt parameters,
> and check what message sequence they produce and how they change window state.
> See dlls/user32/tests/msg.c how to create a message test.
The whole point of the tests I wrote was to show that
UpdateLayeredWindowIndirect() *doesn't* generate window messages, at
least not as far as I've seen.  Is there a better way to test that?
Wouldn't these tests fail if it did?