winealsa.drv patch to enum all software devices from .asoundrc

Нискородов Серёжа sghpunk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 14:31:06 CST 2012

2012/2/13 Chris Robinson <chris.kcat at gmail.com>:
> On Monday, February 13, 2012 8:37:42 PM Нискородов Серёжа wrote:
>> Chris Robinson wrote:
>> > It's not something normal users do, but for "power users" I don't see a
>> > problem with asking them to tell Wine about it.
>>
>> I'm a power user, but for what I have to wrote device name in regedit,
>> if I can just select it from the list?
>
> Getting a sane list from ALSA is the problem. If there was a way to get purely
> user-defined devices (excluding front, surround*, iec958, null, etc, unless
> the user has explicitly configured them to be listed) that would be one thing,
> but as it is, ALSA's enumeration methods leave a lot to be desired.

Ok, I agree, many "junk devices", bad enumeration methods, okay. But
why you are against a registry parameter? I'm a power user, I know
WHAT I do, I want to see all ALSA devices, even "junk". Why I can't do
that?
I will ONE time go to regedit and set this parameter "Enumerate all
devices", and always will see my favorite devices from .asoundrc, even
new added.
But you want to do it more difficulty, when I define a new device in
.asoundrc, I have to write it's name to WINE registry.