Windows-on-Arm won't support win32

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Mon Feb 13 20:44:23 CST 2012

On Feb 13, 2012, at 7:09 PM, Dan Kegel wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Charles Davis <cdavis at mymail.mines.edu> wrote:
>>
>> ...our implementation can be written purely in C the same way all our COM DLLs are.
>
> Or, come to think of it, we could write in Mono.
True, but do we really want a hard dependency on Mono? (I know we already have a soft one, but from what I can tell from wine-users, it doesn't seem to work very well for running .NET apps.)
>> As an aside, I actually started working on that precisely so Wine could use it :).
>
> How far along is it?
Not very far at all, actually. I worked a bit on name mangling and 64-bit EH, and someone else is working on class layouts, but it's far from usable. Part of the problem is that I haven't had much time to work on it.

Chip