Translators wanted!

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Feb 16 12:13:32 CST 2012

I feel that we should put out a call for translators to the wider
community. In preparation for that I updated the Wiki's Translating page
and added a winepo script to help translators who don't want to check
out the whole Wine source:

    http://wiki.winehq.org/Translating

Here's the proposed news message for the website:

> Translators wanted!

> page</a> shows only 12 complete translations. We'd like to do better
> for 1.4.</p>

> translations easier than ever before. So check out how to <a
> href="http://wiki.winehq.org/Translating">get started</a> and help us
> make Wine usable in your country.</p>

And here is the proposed wine-users message:

> Wine 1.4 is making good progress. Unfortunately we still have a lot of
> translations that are quite incomplete and have no active translators,
> thus making Wine unusable in many countries. You track progress on
> this page:
>
>     http://fgouget.free.fr/wine-po/
>
> As you can see we currently have 12 pretty complete translations and 5
> others that are advanced too. But that still leaves 25 languages
> without much, not counting those that are not in the list. This page
> also lists some suspected issues that would make easy targets for a
> translator short on time.
>
> The good news is that Wine now uses standard PO files for localization
> which makes translation easier than ever before. You even get to
> choose between working straight on Wine's source or just editing the
> one PO file for your language. So check out the instructions below and
> make Wine usable for users in your country!
>
>     http://wiki.winehq.org/Translating

Of course if you can help translating Wine, you can also consider this
your call to action<g>.

    I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape around here somewhere...