Translators wanted!

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Feb 17 00:59:09 CST 2012

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012, Sven Baars wrote:

> On 16-02-2012 at 7:55 PM, Matijn Woudt <tijnema at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to help get the dutch translation to 100%, but I would need
> > to filter out the false positives first.
> I started with this a while ago, but every time I was nearly done, more
> translations were marked as fuzzy, more strings were introduced, and
> usually Francois changed some strings, which meant that I had to
> manually apply the patch I was working on (with some conflicts). After a
> while I just gave up on this (I don't have the time to fix it all in one
> day), so for me the po system actually works counterproductive...

> What I want to say here is that if that if you want to get some small
> fixes in without actually knowing the language you're working on (like
> Francois), please don't send separate patches every few days, because
> that's really annoying.

That's what I've been trying to do. For the Dutch translation I only
sent one round of patches in September (before the conversion of the
dialogs to PO files), one after all the dialogs where converted on the
19th of January, two single translation ones on the 23rd and 24th that
were unlikely to cause any conflicts, and this round.

Now I did fix English strings as I found issues with them more often.
But those impact all translators so no matter when I send them in they
will cause conflicts for one translator. So there's no point in delaying
those.

That said I'm willing to help translators that have trouble resolving
conflicts with their translations.

> Just send them all at once, or just let translators fix it. Or at
> least set a string freeze, after which people who are actual
> translators can translate strings.

You're in luck, we are in string freeze since the beginning of the week.

            Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes.
       That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot.