Translators wanted!

Alex Bradbury asb at asbradbury.org
Fri Feb 17 05:27:58 CST 2012

On 17 February 2012 11:12, Yaron Shahrabani <sh.yaron at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would go for the more popular options such as Transifex, TranslateWiki, or
> Pootle.
>
> Is this even an option?

See http://wiki.winehq.org/Translating#head-e1a500fef50a1801ecea706ebd9b51457943f102
"3. Web-based translations systems"

Quoting below for convenience:

---
The Wine project would be very interested in making its PO files
available on web-based community translations systems such as Pootle
or Launchpad. Our hope is that this would make translating Wine even
easier and engage new translators.
The reason why it has not happened yet is that all Wine contributions,
including for translations, must be attributable to a specific author
and that these tools don't make that possible yet. For more details
see the wine-devel discussion here and here. Any contributions that
would solve this issue would be very welcome.
---