Wrong charcter encoding in winmm-tests

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Feb 26 13:54:52 CST 2012

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012, Julian Rüger wrote:

> OK, I think I finally found out what's going on here:
>
> in waveform.c waveOutGetErrorTextA() calls
> WideCharToMultiByte(CP_ACP,.... with the ANSI codepage.
> When I change that to CP_UTF8, it works as expected.
>
> Is this fix OK, or does that break anything? Should I send a patch?

waveOutGetErrorTextA() is correct. As its name indicates it's supposed
to return an ANSI string.

So I think it's the test that should be performing the apprpriate
conversion (assuming we really care) but I can't remember the details
right now. In particular I'm not sure if using CP_UNIXCP would be
appropriate here. It might depend on the API used to write to stdout.

And starting from a Unicode string would be much much better too...
(in particular for languages like Japanese, etc.)

      Broadcast message : fin du monde dans cinq minutes, repentez vous !