Web based translation tool

Yaron Shahrabani sh.yaron at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 01:42:15 CST 2012

Hi guys!

If I understand correctly the wanted solution is the translation
attribution will be per string basis meaning that we can attribute a
certain author to a string.

The only system I'm aware of that is capable of such thing is
TranslateWiki, which is a little overkill because we will have to use a
full wiki system in order to implement gettext (which can be done using a
much less sophisticated system).

Since the Wine project already has a Wiki, maybe we can utilize this wiki
in order to install TranslateWiki.

There are several advantages:
1. The strings are saved just like wiki pages meaning that there's a full
history and diff of all strings including dates and authors.
2. The statistics are great (The current statistics is nice as well but
contains less info).
3. It's a full wiki system (Both advantage and disadvantage).

None of the other systems can attribute a certain translation to a certain
author AFAICT.

Kind regards,
Yaron Shahrabani

 <Hebrew translator>