Debugging WINE 1.3.24 with GDB

louis at museresearch.com louis at museresearch.com
Wed Feb 29 16:43:48 CST 2012

Hi All,
  I've been attempting to debug a WINElib application on Fedora 15 (WINE
1.3.24) and not having much success. Winedbg works, but using gdb I'm
not able to see symbols or multiple threads. In Fedora 8, running GDB on
wine-pthreads (and not wine!) used to work under 1.1.7. However, under
1.3.24 there's no wine-pthreads.

I've also tried attaching to various threads after the program was running
with little success.

I'm also not having any success using "winedbg --gdb"-- the same thing
happens there as if I'd run it using just gdb (strange).

The big picture is that I'd like to get an IDE such as QtCreator or
KDevelop to work debugging a WINE application. Any way that is possible
would be a good solution for me; it doesn't necessarily have to be through
GDB if there's another way.

Thanks for your help in advance!

-Louis