new d3d9/device.ok test always fails here, but not a regression?

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 08:38:44 CST 2012

2012/1/3 Frédéric Delanoy <frederic.delanoy at gmail.com>:
> Might be difficult to explain to "plain" users though. Some already
> struggle performing a regression test (most won't even bother), let
> alone understanding the fine details of what a regression really
> represents.

The original thread starter excluded, I don't usually have much of a
problem explaining things to users. You'll always have a couple of
exceptions, but as a general principle there's probably value in the
idea that people will act about as stupid as you treat them.

I'm also not sure the data really backs up the idea that most people
don't bother with a regression test. On
http://source.winehq.org/regressions it's about 256 with commit ID vs
70 without, and the ones without probably tend to stay open longer.
Granted, sometimes someone else does the regression test instead of
the original reporter, but I don't see that as a big problem.