D3DXHANDLE for ID3DXConstantTable

Rico Schüller kgbricola at web.de
Wed Jan 4 17:28:21 CST 2012

Hi,

I'd like to get up the discussion for the D3DXHANLE in the
ID3DXConstantTable again. There were several tries in the past, but
there wasn't made a decision for one solution.

My opinion about the handles is, that they have to allow at least the
following options:
1. D3DXHANDLEs have to be global (not local to a ID3DXConstantTable), so
the way the effect interface does it is not an ideal option for the
ID3DXConstantTable
2. D3DXHANDLEs could also be strings and thus it is a requirement that
this could be detected (at least for !D3DXCONSTTABLE_LARGEADDRESSAWARE)

Ideally we may handle all D3DXHANDLEs the same way. Some possible
solutions are listed in [3].

Any thoughts which way is preferred?

Cheers
Rico