What other conferences do Wine people attend?

Lucas Zawacki lfzawacki at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 18:53:03 CST 2012

Every year I attend to FISL here in my home town of Porto Alegre
(Brazil), it's one of the biggest events in Latin America but I reckon
most of wine devs are far north.

I didn't want to hijack the other thread, so I'll just throw an idea
here. It's been some time now that I've wanted to organize a local
meeting of wine users (and potential users) to have some kind of
install fest, bug hunting and talks about wine and maybe FOSS in
general to go along with it. I hope that we can end the event with
people happier with their non-Windows OSes and more educated about
things like wine, appdb, bug reporting and such.

What do you think? Has anybody tried something similar? Any advice?