What other conferences do Wine people attend?

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Tue Jan 10 23:30:45 CST 2012

Hi,

Akademy (KDE)
Desktop Summit (KDE + Gnome, although we have tried to get XFCE,
Enlightenment, etc on)
FOSDEM (a bit of everything, huge)
DebConf (Debian)
Libre Software World Conference (a bit of everything, big)

Collocating may be a good idea. Collocating in one of the biggest may
not necessarily be a good idea. For instance, FOSDEM is so big if you
organize WineConf in Brussels, how would you manage 200 people
suddenly showing at WineConf's room (which can probably only admit
50-60 people because the usual audience is 35 people) ?

Akademy has accepted other conferences in the past, such as a the Text
Layout Summit in 2007. TLS was very small (about 20 people), and
collocating into Akademy had direct results in KOffice: we realized we
needed to improve typography a lot. It took a few years, but currently
we do have great fonts in our office suite (now called Calligra).

(This makes me remember in the KDE 1.x we had something callled
Aktivate which used wine to be able to use ActiveX controls with KDE
applications; I'm getting old)

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org