Interesting - performance issues in Natural Selection 2 dedicated server

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Thu Jan 12 03:54:10 CST 2012

The game is still in beta development, but I just learned something odd
- there are no Linux server binaries (yet), and a lot of admins are
running the dedicated server using Wine.

Wine works, but is actually performing fairly poorly here.  I find this
really interesting, as the dedicated server isn't graphical in any way.

Would profiling here be worthy of pursuing?  Are there known areas of
bad performance other than graphics?

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie