Vista/w2k8/w7 + ALSA users, please test mmdevapi capture

Gediminas gediminas at
Thu Jan 12 04:51:57 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM,  <Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at> wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks to all five users who sent me data.
> I've a new testbot job.
> Please download mmdevapi_test32|64.exe
> you don't need a microphone, just a capture capable sound card, unlike testbot.
> there should be next to 0 failures in lines 200-410. Failures in 411-600
> (function test_capture2) are not interesting.
> It would be good to repeat the test a few times to see whether there's a random failure.
> Also, please compare
> mmdevapi_test[64].exe capture
> with
> mmdevapi_test[64].exe capture > capture.log
> Redirecting to a file leads to vastly different results (in the render tests) because
> output to the MS-DOS shell is extremely slow and thus affects timing.
> On a 64bit machine, you may also compare the output of both
> executables. The behaviour is apparently not the same!
> On Unix with ALSA, you may try my latest patches from and see if it works for you.
>  - Stop without snd_pcm_drop patch
>  - Reset accounting patch
>  - CaptureClient protocol patch
> I'm at 0 failures (ignoring test_capture2) and a few todo with dmix and 0-1 (random) with PulseAudio.
> Please post or send me the results -- not just the failures,
> the console output too including position/padding/flags.
> Thank you for testing,
>        Jörg Höhle

Attached test results from win7sp1 x64
I packed the results into an archive, as there are 9 files.
Also includes a "notes" file. It contains, well, notes on those test results.

I will also do tests on linux with ALSA a little later.

Gediminas jakutis
LDK Varčiai