po: Update French translation

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 13:18:04 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 17:50, Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jan 2012, Frédéric Delanoy wrote:
> [...]
>>  #: appwiz.rc:64
>>  msgid "&Support Info"
>> -msgstr "Inf&ormations de support..."
>> +msgstr "Inf&ormations de support"
>
> I don't know why 'Information' was abbreviated in English. This should
> be checked and unabbreviated if it was abusive.

The button using it was wide enough for a couple more characters (see
'wine uninstaller')
I'll send a patch to fix that tonight/tomorrow.

> But if it's because of a
> lack of space, for instance, then we should probably abbreviate it in
> French too (even if it means the spellchecker complains :-/).

There are also some issues (e.g. in winecfg for "Montrer les options
avancées" which is quite larger than what the associated button
allows).
How are we supposed to tackle those issues now the rc files are no
more for translations (French being less terse than English)?

I used to use ResHacker to adapt the dialogs size, which is obviously
not feasible anymore. Changing/Increasing the button size in the
"master" rc? Any other solution?

> Besides that, thanks a lot for the patch. It looks like it's going to
> fix a lot of the issues reported on my wine-po site:
>
> http://fgouget.free.fr/wine-po/

It's exactly where I found them, so thanks for your tool.
On what frequency is it run?

> Btw, if anyone feels like tackling some of them I'll gladly accept all
> the help I can get.

I also saw a couple of other small errors/glitches in English strings
I intend to later send patches for, once this patch is in.

Frédéric