po: Remove English strings from the Slovenian translation.

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Jan 17 04:07:19 CST 2012

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012, Andrej Znidarsic wrote:
[...]
> As I am not a very technical person, downloading/commiting with git is very
> cubersome/time consuming for me. I would highly appriciate if you would be
> willing to download the .po files after string freeze for 1.4, zip them,
> send them to me. Then i can review them/translate what is missing, send you
> back the files and you can commit them. How does that sound?

Usually we prefer when authors send their patches themselves as
attribution is important to us and it gets trickier when there's a
middle agent.

Note that you can download the latest Slovenian PO file from the
following URL:

http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/po/sl.po

Given this, would the following work for you?

 * Create a 'po' directory and download the above sl.po file into it
 * Make a copy of it called 'sl.po.orig'
 * Update the translation in 'sl.po'
 * When done, run the following command to generate a patch:
   diff -u po/sl.po.orig po/sl.po >sl.diff
 * Then email the 'sl.diff' file to wine-patches.

If not I can work with you and I'm sure some other solution can be
arranged.

We're also trying to set things up so one can go to a web site and
translate Wine there which I guess would be ideal for you. But we're
being blocked by attribution issues. That is the existing systems appear
to be unable to track who translated what and to preserve that
information when submitting the patches. So unfortunately there's no ETA
for when such a system will be ready. Hopefully this email will rekindle
interest in finally overcomming this issue...

                           La terre est une bêta...