Rules for code freeze

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Jan 30 05:47:44 CST 2012

Folks,

We are now in code freeze, so all patches that are not obviously
harmless need to have a justification as to why the patch should be
applied. In most cases, that simply means pointing to the corresponding
bug that is fixed by the patch.

Patches that seem risky will be marked pending or deferred. If you still
think they should go in, you should convince me that they fix something
important that is worth the risk.

Patches that only change the tests can't break apps so they will be
accepted freely, at least until we get closer to release.

Patches that require translation updates will only be accepted for the
next two weeks, to give translators time to catch up afterwards.

I'm planning to make rc releases every week until we run out of
bugs. The release schedule may be a bit more random than usual because
of travel constraints (not to mention skiing constraints ;-)

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org