mshtml: Always set the URL policy in the error cases?

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Tue Jul 3 03:11:05 CDT 2012

Hi Francois,

On 06/28/12 16:27, Francois Gouget wrote:
> gcc 4.7 is complaining that policy may be used uninitialized in
> InternetHostSecurityManager_QueryCustomPolicy() and indeed there are
> many error cases in confirm_safety_load() and confirm_safety() where the
> policy is not set. The patch belowe seems to plug all these holes but I
> don't know if it really makes sense.

Sorry for the delay. I recall that exactly this issue has already popped
out. I think that the current code is fine and there is nothing to fix.
However, given that it happens in already released stable GCC, it seems
like after all we have to do something about it. These are mostly
theoretical code paths, so the way it's fixed doesn't really matter
much. It would probably be more appropriate to add
assert(SUCCEEDED(hres)); after IsClassOfCategories calls, which can't fail.

Jacek