Wine automated testing update

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Sun Jul 15 14:11:47 CDT 2012

* On Thu, 21 Jun 2012, Francois Gouget wrote:

> --- Host / VM communication
>
> One piece that's missing is the ability to copy files from/to a VM and
> to run specific commands in a VM.
>  * There's Cygwin's OpenSSH server which would give us what we need
>    through scp and ssh. Cygwin does not install on NT4 and I'm not
>    convinced it's really free of side-effects. In particular copying
>    the cygwin directory to another computer does not seem to work.
>    http://cygwin.com/install.html

Seems like some guy Darren Tucker [1] is in the same boat:

" I have an old windows VM with an oldish cygwin that I use for the
regression tests.  Investigating one of the test failures, I see that
it's for UsePrivilegeSeparation=sandbox, and it seems to be because
setrlimit(RLIMIT_FSIZE, ...) is not supported.

IMO, this isn't a big loss, since the most useful thing in the rlimit
"sandbox" is the descriptor limits.  Can anyone see a reason not to just
omit RLIMIT_FSIZE on cygwin?  It's a no-op unless you've explicitly set
"UsePrivilegeSeparation sandbox" in sshd_config. "

Maybe you could ask him about his experience on side-effects?

OTOH, to measure the difference between modern Win and NT4 one could
probably compile whole env from the scratch and run Cygwin regression
tests.  Some guys are doing "make -s test". [2]

>  * There's more limited OpenSSH installations derived from Cygwin
>    but I'm not sure they're much better on the side-effects side.
>    http://sshwindows.sourceforge.net/download/

I've found tutorial about installing rsync on old Windows. [3]

Maybe rsync could look like having fewer side-effects (or no at all) with
this port now that it has been resurrected by some degree -- support for
Win7 x64 was added this year. [4]

S.

[1] http://marc.info/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=134127510031310&w=2
[2] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2993522&group_id=12694&atid=112694