Investigating iexplore/activex issues

Joel Holdsworth joel at airwebreathe.org.uk
Thu Jul 26 13:32:10 CDT 2012

Hi All,

I've recently begun working at VCA technology on an IP security camera
system. I'm mostly doing embedded linux stuff, but bhe code I'm working
with uses an ActiveX control to show the video and the overlaid annotations.

I've doing quite a lot of experimentation trying to get the page work
correctly on Wine. So far the results have been rather disappointing:

wine git-head:
     wine builtin iexplore - page loads blank, though wireshark shows
that html+js has been received. Various ole related fixmes.
     IE7 & IE8 installed to seperate prefixes - IIRC page fails to load

wine 1.4
     wine builtin iexplore - page loads, but activex control fails to
display.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can better investigate these
issues? And what is the status of ActiveX in wine - is it likely to work
at all?

Thanks
Joel