include: fix mingw64 build

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Sat Jul 28 02:22:41 CDT 2012

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012, Jacek Caban wrote:

> On 07/15/12 14:21, Nicolas Le Cam wrote:
> > Hi Jacek,
> >
> > Could it be backported into stable 2.x ? This will allow distros to
> > package it with the next stable release of mingw-w64.
> I've just committed it to 2.x branch. It's up to distros now to update
> packages.

Just in case anyone is interested...

I have built updated mingw-w64-i686-dev and mingw-w64-x86-64-dev
packages for Debian Testing with the fix for bug 30980.

These are the packages one would use to cross-compile Wine to Windows PE
executables, typically to produce 32 and 64 bit Windows Winetest

Note that I had to add a couple of patches to get Wine to compile:
* crtdefs.h uses wchar_t but does not define it which was causing
  trouble depending on the order of the includes in the source.
* One of the _mingw.h includes was causing trouble. Replacing it with a
  crtdefs.h include like the others fixed the issue. There is still a
  ton of these so I'm not sure these packages are a full fix. But Wine
  compiles at least.

You'll find the modified packages there:

  Packages to generate 32 and 64 bit PE binaries respectively. The other
  packages in the suite are unmodified so grab them from your usual
  Debian repository.

  The package source in case you need to rebuild them.

  The two extra patches I applied, the first one based on Jacek's r5227
  SVN MinGW commit.

Francois Gouget <fgouget at>