Command line parameters

Ben Peddell klightspeed at netspace.net.au
Thu Jun 7 19:34:47 CDT 2012

On 8/06/2012 4:57 AM, John Emmas wrote:
> FWIW the Windows app launches perfectly if I use execl() in the Linux app - and in fact, this has all worked perfectly for years.  It was only yesterday that I began to wonder if there might be a problem in non-English locales.  Up to now, nobody's ever reported a problem (though, as we all know in programming, that doesn't mean there isn't one!)

Wine (and Windows NT OSes) use unicode for the command-line.  Wine would
convert the UTF-8 unix command-line to a UTF-16 Windows command-line.

It is then up to the Windows locale conversion to convert that UTF-16
string to the locale's character set.

--
Ben Peddell
IT Support Bowen, Collinsville and Proserpine Catholic schools