Unused msvcp60 functions

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Jun 28 02:30:46 CDT 2012

I get the following warnings when compiling msvcp60:

main.c:108:51: warning: ‘std_BADOFF_func’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
misc.c:66:40: warning: ‘mutex_mutex_lock’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
misc.c:73:40: warning: ‘mutex_mutex_unlock’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
misc.c:80:40: warning: ‘mutex_mutex_ctor’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
misc.c:87:40: warning: ‘mutex_mutex_dtor’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
misc.c:175:58: warning: ‘set_new_handler_reset’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]

Indeed msvcp60.spec contains no _BADOFF, _Mutex or set_new_handler
function. I don't see them in my 'database' of exported Windows APIs for
msvcp60 but maybe the Windows dlls I built it from where not entirely up
to date. Still it looks like these were added in later revisions and
thus can be removed from the above files.

misc.c:127:50: warning: ‘wctype’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]

This one is actually forwarded to msvcp90 according to msvcp60.spec,
thus making this implementation redundant. So it should either be
removed or msvcp60.spec should be modified.

 "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff on
       ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)" -- Linus Torvalds