translation: meaning of 'magazine' in winerror string

Fernando Martins fernando at cmartins.nl
Sun Mar 4 06:32:16 CST 2012

the po file contains

  #: winerror.mc:1541
  msgid "The magazine is not present.\n"

Originally I assumed "magazine" was meant as a sort of storage since the
typical meaning of "periodical publication" would not seem to make much
sense in the context of a wine error.

However, other translations do indeed choose the concept of "periodical".

Could I get an explanation of what is meant in the string?

Also, this is not an isolated issue. It would be useful if screenshots
of the original English dialog boxes, etc would be made available. Maybe
a project for the Summer of Code? I mean, to setup an infrastructure to
associate lines in po to available corresponding screenshots?